Auchrannie Resort, Isle Of Arran, Scotland
Cruize Bar Brasserie and Restaurant Refurbishment
General Fit-out including Bespoke Manufacturing
Project Background and Description
Allstar Joinery were appointed as the principal contractor and fit-out specialist by Gillian Munro from Platform 9 International Ltd.
The purpose of the project was to refurbish and upgrade the existing Cruize Bar Brasserie and Restaurant.
The programme had a very intensive timescale with minimal lead in time. The following challenges needed to be addressed:
- Quick turnaround.
- The logistics of resourcing and transporting the materials to the Isle of Arran.
- Vast amount of works to be completed in a very short timescale.
- The attention to detail required to meet the exacting standards of the architectural design, refurbishment and the build.
The solution formulated and carried out was as follows.
- Allstar Joinery was asked to quote for the project at a very late stage.
- The client decided to bring the project forward by approximately one year.
The logistics of resourcing and transporting the materials to the Isle of Arran:
- All orders had to be fast tracked to the site to meet critical delivery dates.
- The issue of sailing times had to be addressed and contingencies put in place to allow for frequent cancellations due to the winter weather conditions.
The vast amount of works to be completed in a very short timescale:
- We ensured the project was well resourced to meet project need and budgetary limitations.
- Careful programming of work sequences and deliveries.
- Full strip out of all existing floor coverings. Strip out of existing fixed seating areas.
- Alterations to existing bar server.
- Manufacturing and forming of new buffet breakfast serving area.
- New floor coverings. Approximately 70% of flooring was wood effect tiles sourced from Italy.
- Manufacturing and fitting of fixed seating booths.
- Full decoration including new Tektura wall covering.
- Electrical alterations and fittings throughout.
The attention to detail required to meet the exacting standards of architectural design, commercial interior design and refurbishment.
Attention to detail – Component products:
- The breakfast server carcass was made from a Riverwood high pressure laminate.
- Moisture resistant MDF to produce the cabinet doors.
- Spray paint application.
- Granite worktops.
Attention to detail – Craftsmanship:
- The Glasgow based interior designers were responsible for carrying out site survey and provision of design drawings.
- Working in conjunction with the interior designers we were able to implement the Allstar Joinery workshop drawings to suit the overall theme of the project.
- The entire server and booth seating was fully built and assembled in the Allstar Joinery’s in-house manufacturing and production facility. This allows for quality assurance checking prior to delivery onsite.
- Existing fixtures were removed and new cladding was put in place.
- We had to structurally move partition walls to adapt the area and allow all new fixtures and fittings to be placed in a more open plan environment.
Allstar Joinery completed the project over two stages to ensure minimal disruption for the Auchrannie Resort.
Allstar Joinery met all project and budget targets of the architect Platform 9.