LUXURY AYRSHIRE HOTEL REFURBISHMENT
Hotel refurbishment including bespoke commercial joinery manufacturing
Balcony balustrades, north wing bedrooms and back of house
Allstar Joinery was appointed as a bespoke commercial joinery manufacturer and commercial joinery fit-out specialist by principal contractor ISG Plc. The purpose of the project was to assist in the full refurbishment of a luxury hotel in Ayrshire. The areas incorporated; balcony balustrades, north wing bedrooms, corridors and back of house (B.O.H).
The high-level specifications required the most experienced master craftsman in the company to be assigned to this project to meet the project needs. The following challenges needed to be addressed:
- Fast moving programme.
- The high expectations of ISG Plc and the luxury Ayrshire hotel management team.
- The attention to detail required to meet the exacting standards of architectural design, refurbishment and the build.
- To meet design needs and listed building regulations there was the need to replicate the existing balustrades due to extensive deterioration having occurred within the timbers.
- Delivery within timescale and client’s budget.
“Allstar Joinery proved to be a pivotal part of our team at Trump Turnberry in Ayrshire due to the fast track programme and client constraints while maintaining the highest quality. At all times during both the bedroom refurbishments and new grand ballroom, Allstar Joinery at times was manufacturing 24/7 to ensure all deadlines were met utilising their state of the art machinery to manufacture bespoke components to the highest standards.”
Project Manager, ISG Scotland
The solution formulated and carried out was as follows:
Fast moving programme
We had an unchanged site management team who ran the project, and the team had a pro-active outlook to any changes in specification. We included additional labour to ensure the project met all deadlines. This included working extended hours including weekend working.
We were very proactive and flexible to design changes, due to having our Sustainable Production Facility. There were further demands on the refurbishment aspect of the job. Due to the period that had lapsed since the luxury Ayrshire hotel had last gone through a significant refurbishment and the location being close to the sea, this meant many elements of the hotel such as external balustrades required either complete refurbishment or complete replication due to timber deterioration.
The high expectations of ISG Plc and the luxury Ayrshire Hotel project management team.
With Allstar Joinery’s all-in-one solution, which includes our Sustainable Production Facility we were able to:
- Worked closely with ISG Plc team and the luxury Ayrshire hotel project management team.
- The Allstar Joinery in-house sustainable production facility ensured we kept control of the build quality. Which was vital in ensuring this new build met the design standards to match the luxury hotel’s Edwardian elegance.
- Meeting the architectural design standards via our bespoke manufacturing techniques.
The attention to detail required to meet the exacting standards of architectural design, refurbishment and the build. Attention to detail – Component products:
- Moisture resistant MDF to produce the modular panelling.
- Tulipwood to produce ornate mouldings.
- Tulipwood to produce fan lights and decorative astragals.
- Tulipwood was used for all skirtings, architraves and door frames.
- The silver mirror used and incorporated as fan light for imitation windows.
Attention to detail – Craftsmanship:
- The site surveys were crucial regarding making the modular panelling fit between the apertures which were pre-formed by ISG Construction Division.
- Site set out provided by the Allstar Joinery installation team to determine existing grid lines were incorporated into revised drawings. To ensure doorways were fitted into and around the wall panels in the correct configuration.
- Provision of fixing points before modular panels being offered into position. As the luxury Ayrshire hotel Project Management Team were particularly concerned as to how the panelling system would be a concealed fixing.
- Concealed fixing points were devised and positioned behind insert beading. This ensured the joints where panels met were incorporated into an additional mould.
- Allstar Joinery had to create AV unit cavities and incorporate them into the lower fielded panel wall cladding. The purpose of this was to create a hidden access point without affecting the overall aesthetics of the architectural design.
Delivery was within timescale and client’s budget.
Allstar Joinery met all project and budget targets of the main contractor ISG Plc. The luxury Ayrshire Hotel was brought back to its highest exacting standards of Edwardian elegance. As well as adding new design elements to the hotel. It is now one of the most elegant and luxurious hotels not only in Scotland but in the whole of Europe.
Images coming soon.