ALLSTAR JOINERY TRAINING ACADEMY In Association with Glasgow Kelvin College
The Story So Far
Here at Allstar Joinery it is a fundamental part of our core values as the business grows year on year, that the company wherever possible develops the skill sets needed from the local geographical area and give young people and mature apprentices alike the opportunities through our training academy to become skilled craftsmen in their own right.
Training Academy Objectives
- Developing skilled and unskilled persons from the Lanarkshire area.
- Partnering with local schools for work experience week.
- Offering differing career routes from General labourer, Bench hand joiner, Machine joiner, Cabinet maker, Carpenter, Site Foremen, Contracts Management, Surveyor and Estimator.
- Partnerships with Glasgow Kelvin College, local community colleges and CITB.
- Committed to working with mature apprentices.
- Working with Lanarkshire Council to assist in employment within the local area.
IN-HOUSE TRAINING – January 2016
During January we held in-house training with the assistance of an external industry trainer and assessor. Several of the Allstar Joinery team were put through this training and the day was a resounding success with everyone in attendance gaining certifications in the following:
- Manual Handling
- Face Fit
- Asbestos Awareness