Luxury Hotel Resort – New Grand Ballroom Fit-out
Bespoke joinery fit-out installation including bespoke joinery manufacturing
Allstar Joinery was appointed as the bespoke joinery manufacturer and commercial joinery fit-out installation specialist by principal contractor ISG Plc. The purpose of the project was to assist in the full installation of a new luxury grand ballroom within a famous golf resort based in Ayrshire, South West Scotland, on the coast of the outer Firth of Clyde.
The high-level specifications required the most experienced master craftsman in the company to be assigned to this project to meet the project needs. The following challenges needed to be addressed:
- There were major design challenges at the client consultation stage.
- Extremely fast moving programme.
- The high expectations of ISG Plc and the hotel’s management team.
- The attention to detail required to meet the exacting standards of architectural design, manufacturing, refurbishment, project access and the build.
- Delivery within client’s budget and extremely tight timescale.
“Allstar Joinery proved to be a pivotal part of our team at Trump Turnberry due to the fast track programme and client constraints while maintaining the highest quality. At all times during both the bedroom refurbishments and new grand ballroom Allstar Joinery at times were manufacturing 24/7 to ensure all deadlines were met utilising their state of the art machinery to manufacture bespoke components to the highest standards.”
Project Manager, ISG Scotland
The solution formulated and carried out was as follows.
There were major design challenges during the client consultation stage. Allstar Joinery highlighted potential pitfalls in the original concept of the installation, particularly heavy sections of ornate timber mouldings. The result in consultation with the client was we re-engineered the overall design by means of producing a modular panel system. This was presented as a solution to both the main contractor and the client’s both of whom decided on the Allstar Joinery solution.
Fast moving programme.
We had an unchanged site management team who ran the project and had a pro-active outlook to any changes in specification. We included additional labour to ensure the project met what was the most exacting deadline that Allstar Joinery had ever worked on. This included working extended hours including weekend working throughout the project. We were very proactive and flexible to design changes, and we were able to meet any requests due to having our own in-house Sustainable Production Facility.
The high expectations of ISG Plc and Trump Turnberry Resort grand ballroom fit-out project management team.
With Allstar Joinery’s all-in-one solution, which includes our Sustainable Production Facility we were able to:
- Worked closely with ISG Plc team and Trump Turnberry Resort project management team.
- The Allstar Joinery in-house sustainable production facility ensured we kept control of the build quality. Which was vital in ensuring this new build grand ballroom fit-out met the design standards to match the hotel’s Edwardian elegance.
- Meeting the architectural design standards via our bespoke manufacturing techniques.
The attention to detail required to meet the exacting standards of architectural design, refurbishment and the build.
Attention to Detail – Component products:
- Moisture resistant MDF to produce the modular panelling.
- Tulipwood to produce ornate mouldings.
- Tulipwood to produce fan lights and decorative astragals.
- Tulipwood was used for all skirtings, architraves and door frames.
- Silver mirror used and incorporated as fan light for imitation windows
Attention to detail – Craftsmanship:
- The site surveys were crucial regarding making the modular panelling fit between the apertures which were pre-formed by ISG Construction Division.
- Site set out provided by the Allstar Joinery installation team to determine existing grid lines were incorporated into revised drawings. To ensure doorways were fitted into and around the wall panels in the correct configuration.
- Provision of fixing points prior to modular panels being offered into position. The hotel’s grand ballroom project management team were particularly concerned as to how the panelling system would be a concealed fixing.
- Concealed fixing points were devised and positioned behind insert beading. This ensured the joints where panels met were incorporated into an additional mould.
- Allstar Joinery had to create AV unit cavities and incorporate them into the lower fielded panel wall cladding. The purpose of this was to create a hidden access point without affecting the overall aesthetics of the architectural design.
Delivery within timescale and client’s budget.
The timescale was extremely tight given the designs requiring to be newly built and the Allstar Joinery in-house production facility managed to keep up with project needs to ensure the timescales of the project were met on a daily basis. All aspects of the fit-out were met and delivered on time and within the budget allocated.
The challenge was to ensure this new build met all the architectural and design challenges. While also ensuring we produced a seamless panelling system to the highest exacting standards the project expected. Allstar Joinery met all project and budget targets of the main contractor ISG Plc. Trump Turnberry was brought back to its highest exacting standards of Edwardian elegance, and the new build grand ballroom has added another world class facility to this luxury resort. As well as adding new design elements to the hotel. It is now one of the most elegant and luxurious hotels not only in Scotland but in the whole of Europe.
Please view the images below of the completed project.